Caring For Sexually Abused Children Advanced Level Care Leavers
Caring for children who have been sexually abused is demanding and challenging, and carers cannot be left to manage this alone. This course will enable carers to have a better understanding of caring for sexually abused children, providing them with information they can understand and use, and arranging for practical parenting support that directly relates to the needs of these children.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To identify what sexual abuse is
- To consider how sexual abuse can impact on child development
- To consider issues relating to transference and countertransference and the potential impact on our work with children
- To identify laws relating to sexual offences
- To establish guidelines for safety
This course is specifically for employees who work with Care Leavers and is fully CPD accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.