This course aims to help participants understand the nature of child development, the impact of adverse circumstances on children, and ways in which to improve the outcomes for children and young people.
This course is suitable for learners working with vulnerable young children, who want to develop their knowledge of child development and to understand how this links to the young person’s personal life.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand what child development is
- To identify the stages of development
- To explore theories of child development
- To explore behavioural and social learning theory
- To identify red flags
- To consider brain development and what impacts it
This course is specifically for employees who work with Care Leavers and is fully CPD accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.