Child Protection Advanced Level Fostering
This course covers the issues surrounding safeguarding children by exploring the concepts of child vulnerability, child protection, and significant harm …
This course covers the issues surrounding safeguarding children by exploring the concepts of child vulnerability, child protection, and significant harm – coupled with the individual and organisational responsibilities of protecting children from abuse.
Building on these concepts, child abuse is explored and the four main forms of abuse – physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect – are examined. In addition, the problem of bullying is investigated. The course will enable learners to recognise the signs of child abuse by focusing on examples as well as the behavioural and physical indicators.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand abuse – the effects and outcomes
- To know about abuse of a position of trust
- To know the pre-conditions for sexual abuse
- To be aware of the relevant legislation
- To know what Section 47 investigations are
- To know what strategy discussions are
- To know the duties of the local safeguarding children’s board
- To know how to deal with disclosure in children’s homes
- To understand the reporting procedures in children’s home
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.