Child Sexual Exploitation Advanced Level Fostering
Child sexual exploitation is a major child protection concern for communities across the UK. Hidden from view and going unnoticed, vulnerable young girls and boys are groomed and then abused, leaving them traumatised and scarred for life. The course will help to improve skills and knowledge to effectively support young people who are at risk of being sexually exploited and highlight support networks and resources available to practitioners for young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To raise awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- To understand Child Trafficking within this remit
- To recognise signs and symptoms of CSE
- To understand the impact on victims of CSE
- To discuss strategies to support young people who are being sexually exploited
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.