Child Trafficking Advanced Level Children’s Homes
This course will provide carers with a better understanding of what child trafficking is. It will inform carers on the subject of child trafficking and will ensure that they are equipped with sufficient skills and knowledge to identify indicators that such events have occurred. Practitioners will learn how to refer affected children to the appropriate services, using legislation to support and protect them against further incidents.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To define Child Trafficking
- To know what the National Referral Mechanism is
- To know what a First Responder is
- To know the key legislation and guidance
- To be aware of who is affected
- To know what puts children at risk of trafficking
- To recognise signs that the child is being trafficked
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.