Child Trafficking Advanced Level Fostering
This course will provide foster carers with a better understanding of what child trafficking is. It will inform carers on the subject of child trafficking and will ensure that they are equipped with sufficient skills and knowledge to identify indicators that such events have occurred. Practitioners will learn how to refer affected children to the appropriate services, using legislation to support and protect them against further incidents.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To define Child Trafficking
- To know what the National Referral Mechanism is
- To know what a First Responder is
- To know the key legislation and guidance
- To be aware of who is affected
- To know what puts children at risk of trafficking
- To recognise signs that the child is being trafficked
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.