Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Children’s Homes
This course is aimed at residential carers. It will enable them to gain and develop skills they can use in …
This course is aimed at residential carers. It will enable them to gain and develop skills they can use in their own day-to-day practice.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know what Cognitive Behaviour Therapy is
- To understand how what we think affects how we feel and what we do
- To understand how some CBT techniques can be useful for carers
- To know how to encourage children and young people to look at problems from a different perspective
- To understand how to use some specific CBT techniques and exercises with children and young people
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.