Communicating with Children Care Leavers
This course enables carers to understand how general principles of effective communication can be applied specifically to work with children …
This course enables carers to understand how general principles of effective communication can be applied specifically to work with children and young people. The course aims to improve the competence and confidence of carers in communicating with children.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the role of effective communication in working with children and young people
- To identify the conditions, communication skills, and styles which are necessary for effective communication
- To identify the core principles of effective communication
- To gain an awareness of the context and required outcomes when considering which communication skill and style to use
- To understand that ineffective communication can have a detrimental impact on your ability to support children and young people
This course is specifically for employees who work with Care Leavers and is fully CPD accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.