This course will provide carers with an understanding of what is required of them if they are expected to attend court with young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To demonstrate an understanding of ‘significant harm’ and the ‘threshold criteria’
- To identify the range of Orders available in child protection and their application within the court
- To demonstrate an understanding of the law relating to adoption and permanency planning, particularly the Adoption and Children Act 2002
- To explain the significance of case law and its importance for the legal process
- To describe how to prepare for a hearing
- To recognise how to conduct yourself around the courtroom
- To demonstrate skills in giving evidence in a confident manner, using clear and simple language
- To learn how to avoid pitfalls and withstand cross-examination
This course is specifically for employees who work with Care Leavers and is fully CPD accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.