Designated Safeguarding Officer Advanced Level Fostering
The aim of this course is to enable participants to become familiar with the role and responsibilities of the designated …
The aim of this course is to enable participants to become familiar with the role and responsibilities of the designated Safeguarding Lead Professional and develop competence and confidence in carrying out this role.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To describe the role of the designated lead
- To state key areas of responsibility
- To consider values and ethos
- To describe key legislation and guidance that underpins the role
- To identify the key terms
- To identify the steps to take to ensure the safety of children
- To make appropriate decisions about action to be taken
- To understand the importance of recording, storing, and sharing information
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.