Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Fostering
This course is intended to equip foster carers with knowledge about specific drugs and alcohol to ensure they know how to work and support young people effectively.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To identify and name the most commonly used drugs, their effects, and methods of use
- To understand why children are vulnerable to substance misuse
- To understand where the laws and agency policy and procedure fit when caring for children who are using substances
- To understand the role that a foster carer plays in minimising the risks associated with drug use/misuse
- To be able to help and support young people to access appropriate drug and alcohol services
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.