Fire Safety Children’s Homes
This course is aimed at all residential carers. This course covers all the basic topics in order to give staff …
This course is aimed at all residential carers. This course covers all the basic topics in order to give staff the knowledge required by law to safeguard him/herself and the children or young people in their care. It will offer an overview of the responsibilities, equipment, and procedures to follow. It aims to give you knowledge of the theories behind good fire safety.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To improve awareness of the dangers of fire and smoke
- To gain awareness of all fire safety measures in the workplace
- To understand the appropriate actions in the event of fire
- To gain confidence in identifying and operating firefighting equipment
- To gain an awareness of potential fire hazards in the workplace
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.