Foetal Alcohol Children’s Homes
This course enables carers to gain an understanding of Foetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder (FASD), the physical and cognitive features of the disorder, and the impact that it can have on children and families.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To gain an understanding of what Foetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder is
- To be able to recognise FASD-related behaviours
- To understand the primary and secondary defects from FASD
- To be able to identify the needs of someone with FASD
- To understand the consequences of alcohol intake during pregnancy
- To understand what to do if a young person becomes pregnant
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.