Food Safety and Hygiene Matters Children’s Homes
The Food Safety and Hygiene Matters course contains essential information on all aspects of food hygiene. The course will help carers to understand the importance of correct food handling and storage, personal hygiene, preventative measures, and effective controls and procedures.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand food safety
- To be aware of your role and responsibilities
- To understand personal hygiene, cleaning, and storage
- To understand contamination and pest control
- To understand temperature control
- To know the legal requirements
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.