Future of Adoption Fostering
Legally, adoption refers to an official transfer of parental rights from the biological parents to the adoptive parent via court …
Legally, adoption refers to an official transfer of parental rights from the biological parents to the adoptive parent via court process. This course will examine what exactly adoption is, the process and the legislation behind it, and it will offer information on resources and support for all involved in the process.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To develop a thorough understanding of the meaning of adoption from the perspectives of all involved
- To understand the adoption process and the role of adoption agencies, local authorities, and panel members
- To know adoption legislation and the Prospective Adopters Report including 2013 updates
- To know what to expect as a prospective adopter of the assessment process
- To be aware of the support resources for adopters, birth parents, and foster carers
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.