Grief And Bereavement Advanced Level Fostering
This course will help develop an understanding of the impact of loss and grief on children and young people’s physical and emotional health. This course will look at developmental grief responses and give you an understanding of the five stages of grief.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand bereavement
- To consider some key research into bereavement issues
- To look at the way people grieve
- To identify expressions of grief
- To consider signs a young person may need help
- To understand complex and complicated grief
- To identify developmental grief responses
- To understand the five stages of grief
- To consider the needs of young people by age groups
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.