Human Rights in Social Care Leavers
The Human Rights Act exists to protect everyone from abuse of power, disrespect, or neglect. This course will help you to understand how human rights laws apply to your work and will show the learner how human rights principles should be used within their own environments.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand what is meant by human rights and the laws and conventions protecting them
- To understand the responsibilities of both public authorities and individuals regarding human rights
- To understand the personalisation and how the rights of people are protected within national standards
- To identify the benefits of a human rights approach
- To improve outcomes and experiences for both carers and children
- To identify strategies to apply human rights principles and standards to your existing work
This course is specifically for employees who work with Care Leavers and is fully CPD accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.