Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Fostering
The Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery course aims to provide carers with an initial overview of the issues of human …
The Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery course aims to provide carers with an initial overview of the issues of human trafficking and human slavery. The course will help learners develop greater knowledge of human trafficking and slavery. It will explore the issues facing individuals who have been trafficked, how to correctly identify and spot the signs of potential exploitation, and learn about what is available to support those who have been trafficked.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know what human trafficking is
- To be aware of the elements of trafficking
- To know the difference between human trafficking and people smuggling
- To know the different types of trafficking
- To be aware of relevant legislation
- To understand the concept of modern slavery
- To know the best practice for first contact with a trafficking victim
- To understand the National Referral Mechanism
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.