Internet Safety Fostering
This course is designed for carers in order to increase awareness of, and understand the risks involved with, what children …
This course is designed for carers in order to increase awareness of, and understand the risks involved with, what children see and hear on the internet, including who they meet and what they share about themselves online. Through this understanding, you will be able to implement procedures to keep children safe.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To identify technologies used online
- To identify specific issues children will face with the use of the internet
- To understand how young people can use the internet to access inappropriate and unsuitable websites
- To identify children’s behaviour that exposes then to greater risks online
- To understand the potential effects that this may have on their development and behaviour
- To understand how paedophiles use the internet to reach young people
- To identify the principles of online privacy and understand how this can be managed through social media and other online activities
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.