Learning Disabilities Advanced Level Children’s Homes
Young people with a learning disability tend to take longer to learn and may need support to develop new skills, …
Young people with a learning disability tend to take longer to learn and may need support to develop new skills, understand complicated information, and interact with other people. The level of support someone needs depends on the individual. By understanding all you can about learning disabilities, you can ensure the child or young person gets the right help to overcome challenges and succeed in life.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the barriers in society
- To define learning disabilities
- To understand profound and multiple learning disabilities and causes
- To consider the needs of people with learning disabilities
- To identify other conditions and syndromes associated with learning disabilities
- To understand the options for care and support
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.