Life Story Work Fostering
Discussing life stories in care can be an emotive topic, bringing up difficult experiences for some people as well as …
Discussing life stories in care can be an emotive topic, bringing up difficult experiences for some people as well as positive memories. All training around life stories is focused on achieving the best results.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To use of a range of methods to communicate effectively with children during the life story process
- To develop an understanding of what is meant by life story work and know which children might benefit most from the process
- To comprehend the importance for a child in permanence to have a later life letter
- To be able to identify why it may be a significant part of the care plan for children who are looked-after
- To learn how to assess the most appropriate way of working with individual children with their life stories, considering diverse family backgrounds
- To learn to work effectively with the child’s network throughout the process, with professional principles, and within an ethical framework
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.