This course is designed to help foster carers manage the ever-increasing risk of young people going missing from home/care.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To explore the reasons why a young person might run away
- To consider the risks involved with running away
- To examine the effects of Missing from Home on Every Child Matters
- To gain an understanding of what to do when the young person returns
- To learn how to manage young people who go missing
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.