Positive Parenting Techniques Fostering
Positive parenting – sometimes called positive discipline, gentle guidance, or loving guidance – is simply guidance that keeps our kids on the right path, offered in a positive way that resists any temptation to be punitive. Studies show that positive parenting helps kids learn consideration and responsibility, and makes for happier kids and adults.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To identify parenting styles, including positive guidance techniques that help children develop positive self-concepts, self-management, and responsibility
- To identify the different parenting types and styles
- To list ways to foster a child’s self-concept
- To identify positive guidance techniques
- To write an abstract and a personal analysis of child guidance articles
- To apply positive guidance techniques to child-rearing problems and/or case studies
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.