This course will enable foster carers to provide and promote high quality sexual health through increased knowledge and support to young people in a way that addresses their sexual health and relationship needs.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To increase knowledge and understanding of sexual health issues affecting young people
- To identify the services that can support children and young people
- To recognise best practice models in promoting sexual health
- To equip participants in delivering high quality sexual health services, information, and education that is in line with best practice
- To develop engaging ways of working with young people around sexual health, sexuality, and relationships
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.