Standard 1: Understand Your Role – Adults
Firstly, before you can do anything else, it is imperative that you know your own role. This course will look in detail at the varied influences that will guide and govern how you work, as well as how your own past experiences, values, and beliefs might affect your role.
The course will also look at the legislation that is relevant to your role and will discuss the code of conduct that outlines how you should operate to ensure that you uphold the values and standards of your profession. Finally, the course will cover reporting issues and working together in partnerships and teams.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know your main duties and responsibilities
- To understand your employment rights
- To understand your professional code of conduct and know what is expected of you
- To know the legislation relevant to your role
- To be able to identify situations that should be reported as a concern, and know how to raise those issues
- To know the importance of working in partnerships and teams
This course is specifically for employees who work with Adults.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.