Working with Travelling Families Children’s Homes
This course aims to provide carers with essential information and outline best practice for working with young people and families from the Gypsy, Roma, and Traveller communities.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know who Travellers are
- To be aware of the Race Relations Act
- To understand the reasons why Travellers are disadvantaged
- To know what needs to happen to break down barriers
- To be aware of the Traveller Education Support Services
- To recognise reasons why Traveller parents are reluctant to send their children to school
- To know what makes an ‘inclusive’ school
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.