Alcohol Awareness Advanced Level Fostering
This course is ideal for carers whose role involves contact with those who may misuse alcohol. This includes children’s homes …
This course is ideal for carers whose role involves contact with those who may misuse alcohol. This includes children’s homes staff and foster carers. This training will ensure that carers are informed of the legislation around alcohol and alcohol misuse, so that they are able to notice the signs and therefore work effectively with young people and get the right support for them.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the legislation around alcohol
- To consider the effects of alcohol misuse on children
- To identify the health effects of alcohol on the person
- To gain an understanding of mixing alcohol with drugs
- To consider what to do if things go wrong
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874