Appropriate Adult Fostering
This course aims to ensure that professionals supporting children are able to represent the child and their agency in a …
This course aims to ensure that professionals supporting children are able to represent the child and their agency in a professional and responsible manner and are able to ensure that the rights of the detained person are observed.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To provide caregivers with a thorough knowledge of the role of an appropriate adult in respect to the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- To ensure carers are aware of the rights of young people whilst in police custody
- To identify custody timescales and procedures and the roles of the custody suite personnel
- To assist carers in providing young people with the right level of support whilst in police custody
- To gain an understanding of their roles and responsibilities as an appropriate adult
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.