Autism Spectrum Disorder Children’s Homes
This training course is aimed at residential carers who look after young people that have autism. Candidates will gain a …
This training course is aimed at residential carers who look after young people that have autism. Candidates will gain a better understanding of what autism is and the effect it can have on young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the term ‘Autistic Spectrum Disorder’ (ASD)
- To increase awareness of the challenges associated with the ASD and the ‘Triad of Impairments’
- To effectively understand the ASD perspective
- To gain a deeper understanding of triggers and behaviours
- To learn how to “think and speak autistic” (Lawson)
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.