Caring for Sexually Abused Children Fostering
Caring for children who have been sexually abused is demanding and challenging, and foster carers cannot be left to manage …
Caring for children who have been sexually abused is demanding and challenging, and foster carers cannot be left to manage this alone. This course will enable carers to establish effective partnerships with young people, providing them with information they can understand and use and arranging for practical parenting support that directly relates to the needs of these children.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know how to create a safe place for the child
- To be able to recognise child sexual abuse
- To understand the impact of sexual abuse
- To understand how we can help children who have been sexually abused
- To be aware of therapy and building resilience (including new material concerning the impact of trauma on children who have been sexually abused)
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.