Child Development Children’s Homes
This course aims to help participants to understand the nature of child development, the impact of adverse circumstances on children, …
This course aims to help participants to understand the nature of child development, the impact of adverse circumstances on children, and ways in which to improve the outcomes for children and young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To describe the different stages of child development
- To gain a basic understanding of how children of all ages form attachments, and how these affect their ongoing development
- To understand the important developmental needs of children and young people in your care
- To understand how play, hobbies, and interests are important for children and young people’s learning and development
- To understand the contribution that family, caring, and social networks make to the development of children and young people
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.