Child Protection Fostering
This course will provide a basic awareness of the child protection issues. It will cover the different types of abuse …
This course will provide a basic awareness of the child protection issues. It will cover the different types of abuse and the symptoms associated with each, as well as the correct process of recording and reporting abuse. It is vital that carers know what to do in this situation, and are aware of the relevant groups and agencies that are involved.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know the different types of abuse
- To know the symptoms associated with abuse
- To know what to do if a child discloses that they are being, or have been, abused
- To understand the process of recording, reporting, and record-keeping
- To be able to recognise the signs of abuse
- To understand the duty of care for foster carers
- To understand the whistle-blowing process
- To know the groups and agencies involved in the protection of the child
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.