Children And Domestic Abuse Advanced Level Fostering
The physical, psychological, and emotional effects of domestic violence on children can be severe and long-lasting. Some children may become …
The physical, psychological, and emotional effects of domestic violence on children can be severe and long-lasting. Some children may become withdrawn and find it difficult to communicate. Others may blame themselves for the abuse. All children living with abuse are under stress. This course will help you gain an understanding of domestic abuse, how it impacts children, and how to support vulnerable young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To recognise what domestic abuse is
- To understand the possible signs of domestic abuse
- To identify the effect of domestic abuse on children and young people
- To consider the legislation and guidance around domestic abuse
- To know how to support young people who have suffered domestic abuse
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.