Communicating With Children Advanced Level Fostering
Foster carers need to be able to communicate effectively with children and young people. This course enables carers to understand …
Foster carers need to be able to communicate effectively with children and young people. This course enables carers to understand how the general principles of effective communication can be applied specifically to work with children and young people. It also addresses record keeping and confidentiality in the context of communicating with children.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To identify what communication is
- To consider what rights children have to communication
- To identify skills to good communication
- To understand some good practice principles
- To consider UNICEF recommendations
- To list some basic do’s and don’ts
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.