Conduct Disorders Part 1 Fostering
This course is designed to impart knowledge to foster carers with an aim of managing situations safely and reducing stress …
This course is designed to impart knowledge to foster carers with an aim of managing situations safely and reducing stress and anxiety for all involved.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To gain a better understanding and tolerance of the often-challenging behaviours associated with children and young people affected with conduct disorders
- To gain the confidence and skills to positively assist children and young people in changing antisocial behaviours to pro-social behaviours
- To gain a basic understanding of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD)
- To help foster carers to develop the insight and skills necessary to deal with these behavioural difficulties and modify them at the earliest possible age
- To learn appropriate management techniques and know how to deal with behavioural difficulties of children and young people with conduct disorders
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.