Contact and Birth Families Children’s Homes
This course gives you an understanding of how to promote and support contact between young people and families. The main …
This course gives you an understanding of how to promote and support contact between young people and families.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To examine the aims of contact for looked-after children
- To explore how carers can develop skills in relation to contact
- To provide a safe place to discuss experiences in order to problem solve and support others
- To enable carers to build effective strategies for dealing with contact difficulties
- To address contact within an anti-discriminatory framework
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.