Contact and Birth Families Fostering
This course gives you an understanding of how to promote and support contact between young people and families. The main …
This course gives you an understanding of how to promote and support contact between young people and families.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To examine the aims of contact for looked-after children
- To explore how carers can develop skills in relation to contact
- To provide a safe place to discuss experiences in order to problem solve and support others
- To enable carers to build effective strategies for dealing with contact difficulties
- To address contact within an anti-discriminatory framework
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.