Counselling for Foster Carers Fostering
This course provides carers with a basic understanding of the counselling skills they may already be using, and it will …
This course provides carers with a basic understanding of the counselling skills they may already be using, and it will demonstrate how to use these skills effectively. It is designed for people who wish to develop an understanding of the principles and practice of counselling in relation to a range of counselling situations.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To describe the role of a counsellor and what counsellors do
- To gain a better understanding of counselling and its benefits
- To gain a better understanding of, and be able to identify, a number of counselling strategies
- To understand the role of counselling in crisis
- To gain a better understanding of how some basic counselling techniques can support you in your role as a support worker
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.