Depression and Suicide Fostering
This course is specifically designed to enable foster carers to understand depression, and what might push a young person to …
This course is specifically designed to enable foster carers to understand depression, and what might push a young person to suicide. It will look at the causes of depression and the possible methods to manage the condition.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand what depression is
- To know the clinical features and signs of depression
- To know the possible causes of depression
- To know how to manage depression
- To be aware of suicide prevention
- To be aware of the available support for young people
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.