DoLS – Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Children’s Homes
This course provides a background to DoLS and explores how carers can ensure compliance whilst carrying out their role. Candidates …
This course provides a background to DoLS and explores how carers can ensure compliance whilst carrying out their role. Candidates will also gain an understanding of how to keep the best interests of those that they look after.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know what deprivation of liberty is
- To understand the key principles of DoLS
- To know why DoLS is needed
- To understand lawful deprivation of liberty
- To know what a deprivation of liberty assessment involves
- To know what constitutes a deprivation of liberty and how it is likely to occur
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.