Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Children’s Homes
This course will equip residential care workers with knowledge about specific drugs and alcohol to ensure that they know how …
This course will equip residential care workers with knowledge about specific drugs and alcohol to ensure that they know how to work with and support young people effectively.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To identify and name the most commonly used drugs, their effects, and methods of use
- To understand why children are vulnerable to substance misuse
- To understand where the laws and agency policy and procedure fit when caring for children who are using substances
- To understand the role that a residential worker plays in minimising the risks associated with drug use/misuse
- To learn how to help and support young people to access appropriate drug and alcohol services
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.