Food Safety Advanced Level Children’s Homes
The fundamentals of producing safe food are basically unchanging; use good ingredients, cook thoroughly, and protect once ready to eat. …
The fundamentals of producing safe food are basically unchanging; use good ingredients, cook thoroughly, and protect once ready to eat. However, it may seem far from simple when faced with the many requirements today’s legislation demands. This course will break down that legislation and will look in-depth at food safety.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know what Food Safety and Food Hygiene is
- To be aware of the legislation
- To understand the role of Enforcement Officers
- To know what happens if something goes wrong
- To be aware of effective safety techniques – washing hands, protective clothing, etc.
- To know about food hazards and food poisoning
- To be aware of sources of bacteria
- To know what ‘Cross Contamination’ is
- To understand the correct temperatures
- To understand the process of cleaning
- To be aware of the various food pests
- To know what the HACCP is
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.