General Data Protection Regulation Fostering
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes enforceable from the 25th of May 2018. It is intended to toughen and …
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes enforceable from the 25th of May 2018. It is intended to toughen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union. Primarily, it aims to give control back to people over their personal data.
This course will provide the learners with an overview of the regulation, including the structure, the role of a data protection officer, and the consequences of compliance and non-compliance. The course will also take an in-depth look at the seven principles of GDPR.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To be aware of data protection law
- To know an overview and context of GDPR
- To understand the seven GDPR principles
- To know the rights of a data subject
- To know how to demonstrate compliance
- To know how to respond to a GDPR breach
- To understand transfers of personal data to third countries
- To be aware of supervisory authorities
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.