Healing Environments Fostering
This course aims to enable learners to understand the interaction between human beings and the physical environment, and to develop …
This course aims to enable learners to understand the interaction between human beings and the physical environment, and to develop the knowledge and skills they need to create a healing environment within their own surroundings.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the key principles of trauma
- To recognise the impact of trauma on children’s social and emotional functioning
- To understand the role of play in creating emotionally safe and healing environments for children who have been abused
- To identify basic components of a healing environment
- To identify tools and strategies to help abused and neglected young people develop self-awareness and self-regulation
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.