This course will give carers a better understanding of what it means to be LGBT, the needs of LGBT people, …
This course will give carers a better understanding of what it means to be LGBT, the needs of LGBT people, the challenges they face, and how to support and communicate with young people who identify as LGBT.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know what we mean by LGBTQ
- To understand sexual identity, expression, and assignment
- To be aware of the issues that LGBTQ people face
- To be aware of the extra issues that LGBTQ children and young people in care face
- To know what we can do to provide care and support
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.