Men in Care Children’s Homes
This course explores the challenges that men in a care role can often face, but also the value they can …
This course explores the challenges that men in a care role can often face, but also the value they can bring when looking after young people. This, like all our online courses, has been devised by sector professionals and meets all standards set by Ofsted, including up-to-date legislation.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To provide carers with confidence in all aspects of supporting children
- To highlight that you are in a unique position to support children in gaining positive attachments, and with building healthy relationships with men
- To explore the struggles men face in their care role
- To provide an insight into the allegation procedure and to make the whole process less intimidating
- To consider the importance of the safer care policy
- To learn how to support children in a safe manner that doesn’t restrict you as a carer
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.