Missing From Care Advanced Level Fostering
This course is designed to help practitioners manage the ever-increasing risk of young people going missing from home/care. It covers …
This course is designed to help practitioners manage the ever-increasing risk of young people going missing from home/care. It covers legislation and local/regional protocols, promoting well engaged relationships and prevention techniques. The course covers why young people run away, what action practitioners need to take to minimise the risk, and how to enable a multi-agency approach to overcome the problem.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know why some young people run away
- To understand trauma and Stockholm syndrome
- To understand missing from care categories and police definitions
- To know who is vulnerable
- To know how to manage young people going missing
- To be aware of the legislation and statutory guidance
- To be aware of the Runaway and Missing from Home and Care (RMFHC) protocol
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.