Paediatric First Aid Fostering
This comprehensive course is perfect for anyone working with, or caring for, babies and children. The course will give you …
This comprehensive course is perfect for anyone working with, or caring for, babies and children. The course will give you the skills to help a sick or injured child, prior to the arrival of emergency services. The course is specifically designed for foster carers.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know the role of a first aider – accident reporting and the first aid box
- To understand action planning in an emergency
- To be aware of primary and secondary assessments
- To know how to put someone into the recovery position
- To know how to administer resuscitation (CPR), and know the correct action for choking
- To know how to handle various injuries – head injuries, allergic reactions, shock, etc.
- To know the correct treatment for bleeding, shock, burns, sprains, strains, fractures, etc.
- To know how to deal with eye, nose, and ear obstructions
- To be aware of childhood conditions – asthma and respiratory infections, diabetes, sickle-cell anaemia, meningitis, etc.
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.