Preparation for Independence Fostering
This course focuses on developing the knowledge and skills needed to help young adults live in the community successfully, and …
This course focuses on developing the knowledge and skills needed to help young adults live in the community successfully, and to recognise and assist young people in dealing with the challenges and current issues in society.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To be aware of the problems around preparing our young people for independence
- To be aware of the relevant legislation – Children Leaving Care Act, Children Act 1989, etc.
- To understand assessment, planning, and review
- To understand the role of a foster carer
- To gain an understanding of what a Pathway Plan is
- To know the skills that young people need to succeed
- To be aware of education, training, and employment support
- To consider goal setting
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.