Promoting Education in Young People Fostering
This course explores how foster carers can promote education to young people and what resources are available to assist you. …
This course explores how foster carers can promote education to young people and what resources are available to assist you.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the context of education in England and Wales from ages 5-18
- To explore why looked-after children and young people are likely to need help in order to achieve their educational potential
- To identify the key difficulties that children and young people may face
- To learn how to promote educational achievement and strategies to overcome key difficulties
- To learn what strategies may be available to all children and young people
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.